My First Day/Night in Vegas

I can't believe it's finally here!  This summer has flown by...it seems like just the other night I found out that I won my trip from Cyndie at Chalk One Up for the Teacher (and all her contributing blog friends too, of course).

5

I've been eagerly anticipating this trip, and today was so awesome. Here's why...

I started off the day wearing my incredible iTeach Bilinguals shirt from Zazzle, and props to my friend K.Cre for chauffeuring me to the airport. 


My shuttle driver was so nice and told me all the things I should do to maximize my time while I'm here.  



But then, it got even better!  The hotel attendant who checked me in was so friendly. He loved my shirt, and I found out that he was an EL student when he first came here to the U.S. (You know I was stoked about that!)  He gave me helpful pointers and arranged for me to have a room view of The Strip since it was my first time here. He even hooked me up with an educator pass for the dolphin show and tiger habitat!  


View by day:

View by night:

So after a little rest in my room, I got ready for the Educents sellers' dinner at the Venetian. You know it was serious because I did eye make-up and everything!  (And FYI, I can't wait for a gondola ride later this week.)



It has been so awesome to be a part of the Educents start-up process, and I'm so grateful to have the opportunity. Getting to meet them face to face tonight was awesome.





Another plus was sitting right next to one of my fave bloggers (and fellow Alabamian...small world, right?)!  Then, lo and behold, I was also at the same table as The Tutu Teacher!  I made friends with husband and wife team The Third Wheel





So now I've been relaxing in my room and doing this post from my phone (please forgive errors...lol) while listening to the volcano erupt.  Now it's time to catch some ZZZs for another big day tomorrow!  

Comments

  1. I wish I was there sitting with you, Erika! But so glad you all are having a great time! We will meet soon! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Plan with Me Sundays: Vegas Edition

TpT Seller Challenge: Week 1: Makeover Madness

Monday Made It: My Diploma Frame & Focal Point